- 2 membrane/box
- Fully resorbable
- Available in three sizes
The resorbable Cytoplast™ RTM Collagen membrane is mainly used for guided bone regeneration (GBR) and guided tissue regeneration (GTR) procedures. It acts as a barrier membrane in the augmented area for a predictable time and supports the healing process. It holds the bone graft (f.e. OssaBase-HA or PORESORB-TCP) in place and prevents the undesired migration of soft tissues into the augmentation area.
- Bovine-derived, engineered (reconstituted), collagen membrane
- Long-lasting collagen membrane; resorption profile of 26-38 weeks
- Easily drapes over the ridge, but not so flimsy that it collapses into defects
- High tensile strength for stabilization, if necessary; you can suture or tack the membrane in place without tearing
- Multi-layer construction; cell occlusive design prevents epithelial down growth
Cytoplast™ RTM Collagen membranes are often preferred for their handling. Some collagen membranes are very flimsy, allowing ease of collapse into defects. On the other hand, some collagen membranes are very thick, stiff and difficult to place.
Cytoplast™ RTM Collagen membranes are a happy medium – they easily drape over the ridge, but they are not so flimsy that they follow the shape of every defect.
Cytoplast™ RTM Collagen is also popular for its long-lasting resorption rate. Based on company-provided resorption rates, Cytoplast™ RTM Collagen is the longest lasting collagen membrane on the market.
Cytoplast™ RTM Collagen combines optimized handling, a long-lasting resorption rate, high tensile strength and a reasonable price to make it one of the most popular collagen membranes on the market.